Do you want to block access to your profile for others? And want to lock your Netflix profile? If yes then read and follow these given steps and read this article carefully.
Netflix is one of the most popular OTT platforms that you can use to stream web shows and movies. You can create up to five profiles on Netflix which you can share with your friends and family members for them to watch content.
Owners can create an individual profile for the users using Netflix. These accounts can be managed by the users and they will get content that they prefer watching. Well, these accounts can be accessed by anyone who shares the Netflix account credentials, and they can have a look at what you are watching and your watchlist.
To prevent other people from accessing your profile, you can lock it. Locking a profile in Netflix sets a PIN to it, without which users won’t be able to access your account. You can easily lock profile in Netflix.
If you are looking to lock your profile on Netflix, then this article will help you with that. In this article, we will be discussing the step-by-step process to lock a profile in Netflix as well as unlock it.
|➤(250+ Working*) FREE Netflix Accounts & Password [100% Working]|
|➤99+ Cuentas de Netflix Gratis con Usuario y contraseñas|
|➤250+ Contas Netflix grátis login e senha|
Lock Profile On Netflix
You will have to use a PC to lock your profile on Netflix. To lock profile on Netflix, follow the steps given below-
- Open the browser on your PC, and head to the official website of Netflix. You can either do so by clicking on this link.
- If you are not already signed on Netflix, then you will be asked to sign in. Enter your login credentials to sign in to Netflix. Once done, click on the Sign-in button to continue with your Netflix account.
- Head to the Account page by clicking on the profile button on the top right corner, and then click on the Account option in the menu.
- Now, for the profile, you want to lock, open the Profile & Parental Controls Settings. Now, click on the Change button next to the Profile lock option.
- You will be asked to enter the Netflix account password to continue ahead.
- Next, check the checkbox saying Require a PIN to access the profile.
- You will have to enter a four-digit pin to lock your profile.
- Once done, click on Save and you would have successfully locked a profile on Netflix.
Now whenever you try to access your profile, you will be asked to enter the PIN you set. This way no one will be able to log in to your profile without your permission. To check whether it works or not, click on the profile icon at the right corner, and click on Exit Profile.
Now, access your profile and you will have to enter the PIN you set before you can access your profile.
Unlocking The Netflix Profile
If you no longer want the profile to be locked, then you can prefer unlocking the profile. To unlock the Netflix profile, follow the steps given below-
- Head to the Netflix website on your browser on your PC. To do so, you can click on this link.
- Now sign in to your Netflix account if you are not already signed into it.
- Click on the Profile button at the top right corner, and then from the menu that opens up click on Account.
- Next, open the Profile & Parental Control Settings for the profile that is locked.
- Now, click on the Change button that you will see next to the Profile Lock option.
- You will be asked to enter your account password to continue ahead.
- Now, uncheck the checkbox saying Require a PIN to access the profile.
- If asked to enter the PIN, enter it and then click on Save/Submit. Doing so will unlock the profile in Netflix.
What Does Locking The Profile On Netflix Does?
Locking your profile puts a pin/password on your profile. So, whenever someone tries to access your profile, they will be asked to enter the password you have set. Without the password, they won’t be able to access your account.
Can I Unlock The Profile Later On?
Yes, one can easily unlock the profile whenever they want to. The process to unlock the profile is similar to locking it. We have discussed both how you can lock as well as unlock the profile, so you can follow the steps mentioned in this article to unlock the profile.
Should I Lock My Profile On Netflix?
If you don’t want other users using your account to see what you are watching, then you can prefer locking your profile. Locking the profile on Netflix keeps away other users from accessing it without your permission.
This is how you can lock and unlock a profile on Netflix. If you are too private about what content you watch, then you can prefer locking your device. Locking your Netflix profile helps prevent other users from accessing your profile.
You can anytime lock and unlock your profile on Netflix and prevent users from accessing your profile.